BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Star Wars and Giant Cupcake 4th of July Birthday

I haven't made very many cakes recently until last week.  I had two pretty big cakes to do for the same weekend.  They were so different but both equally fun!

First was a cake for an Independence Day birthday party.  The party invitation had a big cupcake on it so I decided to use that as the theme for the cake.  To continue with the 4th of July theme, I dyed the inside of the vanilla cake in alternating colors.  When cut, the slices looked like a flag.  Super cool!  Too bad I didn't get a picture.  But I learned how to do it here http://www.glorioustreats.com/2011/06/4th-of-july-flag-cake.html


The Star Wars cake was a challenge for me because I really know nothing about Star Wars.  I did some research and looked at some pictures,, but nothing really excited me.  But here is what I came up with . . .


 And the family liked it so I think it was a success!  I love the bright colors against the dark background and the light sabers have to be my favorite.


0 comments: