BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Butterfly cake and cookies


I love butterflies!  They are so delicate and pretty.

These cookies were party favors for a butterfly themed baby shower.  The mom-to-be picked out the cutest bedding with shades of blue, green and purple.  The butterflies in the set had beautiful swirls and patterns in their wings.  So I set out to make some fluttery, swirly butterfly cookie pops. 

And of course every party has to have a cake!  It's the most important part.  So to coordinate with the theme, I made the cake with the same colors with lots of swirls and butterflies.  This cake was a first for me as far as flavor.  The mom-to-be requested no fondant so the butterflies were made in modeling chocolate.  That turned out to be the perfect medium to use because she also wanted fresh strawberries and cream filling, which must be refrigerated.  The modeling chocolate hardened perfectly in the fridge to keep those butterflies from flying off the cake.  I made a ricotta cream and strawberry filling.  The italian in me thought this tasted like a very delicious cannoli- YUM!



0 comments: