BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

So I am officially an adult and have turned the big 3-0!  We celebrated over the weekend with most of my good friends and family.  It was a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine.  The perfect day for a pool party.  It was so much fun and a great way to ring in the start of a new decade. 


There was a big debate as to whether or not I should make my cake.  I didn't want to put a lot of time and effort into making one, but wanted the chance to experiment with new recipes and possibly new designs.  My husband and some other people thought I was crazy for wanting to make my own cake and then others said of course I should since I enjoy it.  

Here's what I ended up with . . .



Since it was an adult birthday party but there were so many kids I wanted to do some sort of party favor.  So I decided to make cookie pops.  I wanted to make it fun so I made some silly mouth cookies.  They were really cute for pictures. 


Here are my little munckins posing for a picture with their silly smiles!



I am so grateful to all my wonderful friends and family!  Thank you for helping me make my birthday extra special!

0 comments: